Frequently asked questions
If you are having difficulties activating your product with the supplied serial number, please follow these steps:
Highlight the serial number/registration key shown on your order confirmation email. Press Ctrl+C (to COPY), click in the registration field and then press Ctrl+V (to PASTE). This eliminates the possibility of mistaking letters for numbers in transcription.
Scheduling a scan is dependant upon the usage of your system. We suggest scheduling a scan at least once every week if you are very active on your system. We also suggest that you run a scan after removing programs or if your system's performance seems slow.
Many application related issues can be resolved by performing a clean reinstallation. Below is a step-by-step procedure to uninstall and reinstall PC Cleaner software:
- First please close the program.
Check whether it is still running in the background, in which case you should see the program's icon in the system tray next to the system clock.
Right click on this icon and choose Exit.
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs
(In case of Vista or Windows 7: Start button -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features)
- Locate the entry for the PC Cleaner program in the list of installed applications.
- Click once on this entry and then click the button 'Remove'.
- When prompted if you want to remove this application click 'Yes'.
This will initiate the uninstallation wizard which will remove the program from your computer.
Having uninstalled the program, the next procedure is to delete any remaining application data. To do so, kindly follow these steps:
- Go to Start, type in the following in the run box (for Windows Vista and Windows 7 use the search box), and press Enter:
You should find a PC Cleaner folder in here. Please manually delete the sub-folder within it for the program you want to remove.
- Then go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\PCCleaners
And manually delete the sub-folder within it for the program you want to remove.
Having done the above, you can click here re-download PC Cleaner latest version..
To uninstall the program from Windows 7:
- Click Start and click Control Panel
- In the Programs section, click the Uninstall a program option (In Icon view, click the Programs and Features option)
- Select the software and click the Uninstall button
To uninstall the program from Window Vista:
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- In the left pane, select Control Panel Home.
- In the Program section, click Uninstall a Program.
- Select the software and click the Uninstall button.
To uninstall the program from Windows XP:
- Start -> Control Panel
- Open ‘Add or Remove Programs‘
- Select the software and click ‘Remove’
To clean your computer:
- On PC Cleaner main screen you have the option to check which sections you want to scan.
- Optionally, select the items you wish to scan (they are all checked by default).
- Click Start Scan. You'll see a progress bar and a list of potential issues.
- Once the scan is finished, you can review the list of issues.
- You can see a detailed view of each issues found by clicking on "Edit"
- Click Fix All... to start cleaning and repairs. (Note: If you are using the diagnose and scan model you will be prompted to purchase to start cleaning. However, if you are using the fully activated 30 day trial version cleaning will start immediately.
- Before cleaning starts, PC Cleaner first step is creating a backup. This is done automatically!
To create a system restore point simply open up PC Cleaner application and click on the " Restore" button on left navigation. You will then be able to choose a restore point. You can also create a backups.
After cleaning the Registry, the first thing many people do is to run analysis again to see if it's really clean. In some cases, you may see some new Registry entries appear in the second analysis. This is nothing to worry about. Removing unneeded Registry entries, can sometimes uncover other entries that can also be removed. All you need to do is run Clean again and these will be removed. If you find some registry entries that are not removed even after a second clean then this is almost certainly because the entry has been locked by the OS. In this case, it is best left alone.
If these are locked files we suggest you to "Ignore" these files on future scans. You will be prompted to add these locked files to the ignore list during cleaning and repair.
Having done the above, and you still need help, please feel free to contact our 24/7 expert support team by Clicking Here. Our product support is 100% free.
To Activate PC Cleaner:
- Click on the "About" link on the top of PC Cleaner application
- Click the "Register" button
- Enter your license key that you received by email or on the payment confirmation page.